As we bid goodbye to 2015, we usher in a new year with champagne toasts, singing ‘Auld Lang Syne’ and- of course -resolutions. Why not make 2016 the year each of us resolve to take simple steps to save energy? Here are a few ideas to help get you started:
- UNPLUG UNUSED ELECTRONIC DEVICES: Each of us need to consciously switch off and unplug our devices when not in use. Every time we leave the room, we must switch off all the lights, fans and unplug all charging devices
- SWITCH TO LED:If you are thinking of switching to LED (light emitting diode) lighting in 2016, you are making the right choice! LEDs are expected to get even more affordable and energy efficient in the coming year and will help you save on those huge electricity bills.
- REGULAR MAINTENANCE CHECKS FOR COOLING AND HEATING DEVICES: Properly maintaining your heating and cooling system will extend its life and save you energy and money.
- HEAT AND COOL NATURALLY: Use natural sunlight to your advantage. It is free, clean and abundantly available. During winter months, you can take advantage of sunlight by opening your curtains during the day to allow the sun to naturally heat and provide light to your home.
- INVEST WISELY FOR YOUR BUSINESS:Strive to ensure that your business is eco-friendly too! Get in touch with us at Thermax Profetherm for Profit from Heat solutions for your facility that will help you reduce your carbon footprints and emissions, increase productivity and save money.
- SPREAD AWARENESS ABOUT ENERGY CONSERVATION:Each time you notice someone wasting electricity, make it a point to bring it to their notice. Saving energy isn’t possible without everyone’s involvement.
- TRACK YOUR PROGRESS IN SAVING ENERGY: It is no secret that New Year’s resolutions can quickly go by the wayside. To help you stay on track, set goals that are specific and measurable. How do you measure your progress? Simply compare your monthly energy usage with that of previous years. The energy that you save should provide enough incentive to keep you going all year long.